Surgical Room TestingSurgical Room Certification
Are your surgical suites operating within their design specifications? Would you like to know how clean the air is being delivered to your rooms? Do you need to know your room air change rates?
Air Safe has been providing these services to our clients for years. Did you know that just because you have HEPA filters installed in your system does not mean that unfiltered air is entering your rooms? HEPA filters must be performance tested in order to determine the level of performance. This must be done every time the filters are changed as well as periodically. We can test and validate your facility’s performance concerning the air quality.
Are you concerned about possible medical gas leakage within your operating rooms? We provide real time VOC and surgical gas monitoring. Why wait for a lab to send back the results.
We can calculate your air change rate using traditional methods as well as more accurately measuring air changes with the use of tracer gas. This method allows for us to pinpoint problem areas within a room concerning airflows.
- VOC Monitoring
- Viable Air and Surface Sampling
- Air Change Rate Calculations
- Visual Airflow Testing with Video Documentation
- Secondary Testing – Noise, Lighting, Humidity, Temperature
The national/international standards used by Air Safe to certify the surgical room performance are:
1. IEST-RP-CC-006.3; Testing Clean Rooms
2. IEST-RP-CC-002.2; Unidirectional Clean Air Devices
3. IEST-RP-CC-007.1; Testing ULPA Filters
4. IEST-RP-CC-034.2; HEPA and ULPA Filter Leak Test
5. ISO 14644; Cleanrooms & Associated Environments
We are accustomed to performing these services around your hectic daily surgery schedule and work closely with your control desk personnel to minimize down time for the rooms.